A Message from Tom and Brian
Dear Friends, Family, and Community,
Words cannot express the overwhelming gratitude we feel at the outpouring of support and love we have received in the last 24 hours. It has been a whirlwind of emotions.
What has occurred is unjust and we promise that we will do what we can to make sure it doesn’t occur to other couples in the future, regardless of sexual orientation. To provide you with a bit of an update and to correct some of the misspoken statements in the media as of late…
- The image was from our engagement photo shoot and not our wedding. The photograph was taken by the talented Kristina Hill of Kristina Hill Photography.
- Despite the rumors that we have hired lawyers – we haven’t – yet. In fact, we have reached out to GLAAD and have spoke with representatives at LAMBDA Legal a couple of times today.It is our hope that LAMBDA Legal, “the nation’s oldest and largest legal organization working for the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, and people with HIV/AIDS,” will take up our cause.
We encourage you to continue to share this injustice with your friends, families and communities. And if you or anyone you know has any connections, suggestions, recommendations, or other advice for Kristina, Tom and me – we are definitely interested in hearing from you.
Tom and Brian
In the News
(If you know of more, please let us know)
- The Daily News Article featuring the attack ad of Brian and Tom
- The Denver Post Article featuring the attack ad of Brian and Tom, by Lynn Bartels
- Brian’s Response
- The Denver Post Interview with Brian and Tom, by Lynn Bartels
- Kristina’s Response
- The Atlantic Wire article by Alexander Abad-Santos
- Con Games Post